Monday, March 21, 2011

2 Months, 5 Days

2 Months, 5 days.

 With only a few minor set backs I have begun collecting and organizing my gear - most of it on order currently.
 The biggest of the set backs has been a complete reconsideration to half my kit. As it turns out, the pack I had based all previous planning on will not be available before departure - fantastic.

 So here we are, back to square one. One month, 23 days before departure of Calgary to Ottawa. I have cut my storage capacity by almost 25 liters. Turns out 25L is a lot of space, but it's also a lot of weight. Next, minus; one pair of shoes, one 3L water bladder, an entire change of clothes and one external HDD. And that's only the beginning!
 The next big change is my day pack. I am downsizing from an Ospray Talon 33, to a North Face Verto 26. Less storage, but far less weight. And though it is not specifically hydration compatible it still leaves me with  plenty of options. After all, since the beginning the plan was to travel minimalist. Cut, cut ,cut.

 Over the next two or so weeks I hope to acquire the majority of my kit - the bulk at least. Then, its off to the mountains, saddle up and hit a few trails to break my back... I mean, break my pack in.

2 Months, 5 Days, 7 hours...

No comments:

Post a Comment