Monday, March 28, 2011

1 Month, 29 days - Sponsorship!

1 Month, 29 days till Australia.
1 Month, 16 days till Ontario.

 I'm thrilled to announce, that after several weeks of hard work, late nights and extra early mornings, that the sponsorship hunt has begun to prove successful!
 Calgary based, Ranger Tactical  (http://rangertactical.com/)  have begun setting me up with some of their great new survival gear to test in the Outback! These guys specialize in Tactical/Survival/Rescue gear, so needles to say, I think I am in good hands.

 Stay tuned for more details, as this is only the beginning. I will be revealing what gear they are sending with me in the weeks to come. Full reviews of each piece of gear will follow from the field, once I begin the trek.

 Things have come a long way in the last week, and with two months to go yet, a lot more is in store before I even board the plane. My travel pack and sleeping bag are on order... Finally. I have chosen Osprey's Atmos 50 as my main pack, and Marmot's Hydrogen as my sleeping bag.

 I still have a good chunk of gear to pull together - but considering how much I am taking in whole, it is very little.

 I've paid my last full months rent check. Soon my phone contract will end. I begin to pack away the last near four years into storage. Still so much to do in what feels like so little time.

 Lastly, I want to give a quick shout out to Roger Brunt, of Salt Spring Island, BC. Roger is the founder of the North American School of Outdoor Writing - quite an accomplished outdoor writer. He's been a tremendous help in getting this whole project moving. Thanks Roger.
 I highly recommend anyone considering an interest in writing as a hobby or a career check his school out. www.nasow.com

No comments:

Post a Comment