Saturday, March 12, 2011

2 Months, 13 days

 2 Months, 13 days till departure from Toronto.
 2 Months, 1 day till departure from Calgary to Ottawa.

 The real crunch is on. Two months to wrap up and tuck away three and a half years of my life into a storage room - Can't wait!
 I have decided over the past week to revisit a previous notion to attempt to raise the bar on my trip another notch and acquire sponsorship to help off-set a few costs. It is my hope that this will allow me to expand my possibilities while away, including; the activities I will be able to take part in (surf lessons, diving on the Great Barrier Reef, or my original thought of touring Western Australia via dual-sport motorcycle), and how I will be able to deliver coverage of my adventure (fingers crossed for an Outback video journal!).
  Details on sponsorship will come out as things progress.
  It is tough figuring out where to begin. Planning my budget, re-planning, revising, adding more and more - The list never seeming to shrink. Creating a pitch, my hook. My mind is bursting with ideas for the adventure -- My wallet cries more with each new thought.

  It is at this point that many people quietly tuck their tail between their legs and sink into the shadows. I find the challenge thrilling. Despite my outcome I can be left no worse off than I currently am. From here, things can only grow and get more exciting!

 On a final note, I though it worth mentioning about a book I am currently reading. "The Power Of Passion", by Jamie Clarke and Alan Hobson. Its a great book for anyone looking for a little inspiration. Its a great read, full of real-life adventure - true accounts from Clarke and Hobson. It has definitely inspired me. So check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment