Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Final Countdown and NEW Sponsors!

3 Days till Australia!

 As I sit here sorting my gear one last time, dozens of thoughts fly through my mind - I can't rush it - I can't forget ANYTHING.
 I'm dropping gear, lightening my load - again.

 Another sponsorship has come through with some great new gear. Mad Outfitters, located in Barry's Bay, Ontario has set me up with a great OR Fleece and Columbia Quick-Dry Pants. As well, Ranger Tactical, who was the first to jump on board with the Adventure, has set me up with two fantastic knives on top of the gear they had already provided. The Remington Excursion - a great tough, all purpose utility knife, and the Tailwind Assisted Opener from United Cutlery - easy opening, one-handed action makes this a key tool to have on hand.

 The final chapter in preparation began about a week ago, when I arrived in Ontario. In a mad scramble I still was moving out of my house in Calgary the MORNING of my flight to Ontario. But we managed, fitting it all into a single 5'x5'x8' storage locker. And off to Ottawa.
 The remainder of my gear met me here over the last week - A sleeping mat from Exped and a set of base layers courtesy of Icebreaker Canada. 

 Its a relief to be able to sit back look at my kit and know I have more gear than I need sitting in front of me. So back to it - cut, cut, cut!

1 comment:

  1. Nice story!You are such a brave person....Thanks for sharing....
    Kokoda Trail

    ReplyDelete